[development] image node type

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Fri Dec 9 17:50:44 UTC 2005

On 12/9/05 12:44 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 09 Dec 2005, at 18:06, Jeff Eaton wrote:
>> 1) All downloadable files should be nodes.
>
> I disagree with this.  If the sole purpose of the file is to be
> downloadable, there is no value in making it a node.  It adds clutter
> and administration overhead.

ahhh. but to be downloadable, it needs to be locatable. and, more, it
should really be trackable as well... and as has already been mentioned,
we need to restrict *who* can download it, and on and on.

i dunno about "clutter"... the admin/node filters are pretty handy (and
could get better still, I'm sure).

no idea what you mean by adminstration overhead...
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net