[development] image node type

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Fri Dec 9 18:08:56 UTC 2005

Okay. After reading the responses, let me amend my original idea. :-)
It's based in part on the way that links.module handles outgoing
weblinks.

1) All downloadable file should be nameable, and support per-file access
restriction
2) Files should be uploadable and manageable WITHOUT attaching them to a
   new or existing node
3) Whenever a file is uploaded, other modules should be able to hook
into the
   process (to create full-fledged nodes, or build file variations, for
example)
4) Attaching a file to another node should involve:
   a) selecting an exsting file node, or
   b) uploading a file during node edit/create, which would be saved as
a dedicated file.
5) A simple 'File' node-type would allow 1-n files to be uploaded
together and displayed
   in normal drupal fashion.
6) Other modules (like image, audio, video, etc) would handle more
complex scenarios
   where variations must be built, or only one attached variation should
be displayed
   at once.

This is starting to look a lot like betterupload.module, isn't it?

--Jeff