[development] image node type

=?unknown-8bit?B?Quhy?= Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Dec 10 08:45:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 11:06:25AM -0600, Jeff Eaton wrote:
> > but then... there's upload.module....
>
> Here's my highly opinionated contribution to the discussion.
>
> 1) All downloadable files should be nodes.
> 2) Whether upload.module, file.module, or hooha.module does this is
>    a side issue as long as ONE centralized module does it.
> 3) Attaching a file to another node should involve:
>    a) selecting an exsting file node, or
>    b) uploading a file during node edit/create, which would be saved as
> a dedicated file node.
> 4) Inlining an image or a link to a file should be done using tokens.
>
> I might be wrong. As I wrote it out, I thought of better ways to do it.
> But it's one way that it could work that would be consistent and would
> make sense.
>
> --Jeff

Wow! two words: perfect idea. :)

This simplifies the upload/media system, that I had in mind a huge lot.
I will rewrite my docs and code that i have till now to work this way.

I know that this might be subotimal, performance wise, but using Jeffs
model, upload becomes nothing more then a new use of the relations
system!

Im impressed by the simplicity and I am very glad this comes up now,
instead of after coding a huge lot of patches :)

Ber