[development] image node type

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Sat Dec 10 18:07:36 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 20:45, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> user picture is not a special case. user.module uses the file API exactly as
> it was designed.

I apologize, Moshe, for two reasons. First, I wasn't aware that user pic
used the file API, because I haven't needed to dive into the code. I had
assumed (incorrectly) that it was coded into user.module. Second, I didn't
mean in any way to disparage user.module even if the picture had been a
special case. I was just brainstorming of ways that a generalized attachment
of files to a user principal might be useful.

I'm sorry if this sounded critical of the existing code; that was not my
intent. And I'm sorry for the error -- the inner details weren't critical to
my overall point, and I glossed over a fact that I shouldn't have.

Scott