[development] Setting taxonomy term titles

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Mon Dec 12 05:25:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a site in which we use the taxonomy/term to display a number of
different terms. What I would like to do is set the title to be
something a little more meaningful that the list of all the terms that
are being included. so a list like "aaa, bbb, ccc" could be changed to
"the abc's" which looks a better.

So I need a hook that is called after the the print theme('page',
$output); and before the drupal_get_title(); so I can set it to
something else.

Looking through the phptemplate at the page my choices seem quite
limited. I noticed the theme('closure') but this is run after the
drupal_get_title(). The other option was to create a non-block which
will set the title for me, but not actually display any block. This
would be a little kludgy but would work, or I could move the setting of
the title to lower in the list.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can change the title on the
taxonomy/term page to something nicer without having to hack too much of
core.

Thanks in advance.
Gordon.