[development] New Ecommerce Package Maintainer

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Tue Dec 13 00:17:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 17:46 -0600, Matt Westgate wrote:
> Gordon Heydon ( http://drupal.org/user/959 ) has accepted my
> invitation to be the new ecommerce package maintainer.  Gordon has
> been with the Drupal community for more than 4 years and has written
> several ecommerce contrib modules.
>
> I'm very excited about this transition and look forward to helping
> him (albeit on a smaller role) take the ecommerce package to the next
> level. Who knows? Maybe it'll even get documentation ;-)

I would like to thank Matt for this great opportunity, and give a quick
outline of where in the short term of where I am going to be taking
E-Commerce.

Basically the first task that needs to be completed is getting out a 4.7
release. To do this there is 1 big job, and a couple of smaller ones.

1. Update to use the new forms api.
2. Merge one of the sub-product patches.
3. Maybe Postgres support.

I think this will get us to a very good 4.7 release that everyone can be
proud of. The first and main job that needs to be done before anything
else is the update to use the forms api. I am going to need help with
this and I am going to create a new task that will assist in the
co-ordination of all the conversion so we can keep track of this.

If there is anyone that wants to help please contact me, so I can make
sure that no-one is doubling up on modules.

Once again, Thank you Matt for the privilege to taking on such a great
development, and Thank you for creating such a great contribution to the
Drupal community.

Gordon.