[development] [bug] if no 'access statistics' permission, don't show stats @ node

Bèr Kessels drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Dec 13 19:05:40 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/41034
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/41034

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.7.0-beta1
 Component:    statistics.module
 Category:     bug reports

Thinking about it a bit more.
* any $link[] can now be filtered. thus this patch is not at all needed
to get the same result: just a theme function that strips out the count
'link' should do.
* any themer can add $count data . so *not* showing this at all by
default makes sense too.

I guess its al about what we want as default behaviour.

My vote goes to:
Apply this patch. Then anyone who wants to show anyone the node-view
count can do so in a theme function.

But Im perfectly fine if people decide to:
Won't fix this patch and let me+others, who do not want to show this to
users, 'hack' it out in a rather simple theme function.

But I am not for a separate permission for this. its not really a
permission. And if we go for an option/permission, it should live in
the "admin > settings > content-types" and be a per-node option,
imnsho.

Bèr Kessels

Previous comments:

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:49:38 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

under each node, we render a number of views or that node. IF a user
does not have "access statistics" we should not show this.

Patch fixes that. its a small one-liner.

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:53:22 +0000 : rkerr

Seems to make sense... :)

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:42:54 +0000 : jvandyk

Yes, this is good. Current behavior is a bug and this patch fixes it.

But I'd rather see a new permission 'access view counts' or some such
so that I can turn on view counts without having to give full
statistics access to that role.