[development] drupal php requirement : more than 8 Mb now?

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Dec 13 20:11:36 UTC 2005

Dries Buytaert wrote:
>> Won't help in this case. The whole PO file is parsed into a huge
>> array and then postprocessed to upload the single translations.
>
> And that one array is 5 MB or so?  The parsing routine,
> _locale_import_read_po(), has only one call site so eliminating that
> huge array, and making the parser store the strings in the database,
> might be a viable option.  Just a thought.

As I hinted I am in the process of preparing to upgrade Drupal.hu to 4.7
(from 4.5), and I especially planned to take the time and do some
performance improvements on the PO importing code. If anyone beats me to
it, then it is even better, but I am surely going to tackle it before
the release.

(First in my sight is the update process, which has some flows when
upgrading from 4.5)

Goba