[development] Drupal 4.7.0 beta2 / rc?

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Wed Dec 14 11:09:19 UTC 2005

At 11:36 AM +0100 14/12/05, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>Hello world,
>
>I wanted to open up a discussion as how to proceed with the Drupal
>4.7.0 release schedule.  There are two aspects I'd like us to
>brainstorm about:
>
>   1. When do we release a second beta (or a release candidate)?

IMHO you can't push a release candidate until all critical bugs
are fixed and all non-critical bugs are deemed OK for inclusion
in the release.

In the open source world a release with known critical bugs is
an alpha release or a snapshot. In the commercial world of course,
this can be a final release and you can then charge for updates.

I would think the next beta should be pushed when the only bugs
left on the critical list are ones that should really have
normal priority.

It's worth noting that there are still a heap of issues against
CVS and 4.6.x that are release-critical for 4.7.

 ...R.