[development] confused: beta-1 release != head?

Tim Altman web at timaltman.com
Wed Dec 14 12:52:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:30:22 +0100, Dries Buytaert
<dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2005, at 11:41, Bèr Kessels wrote:
>> I am confused, I assumed beta 1 was just following head, in other words
>> beta1
>> == head.
>
> beta 1 is a snapshot of HEAD, taken 1-2 weeks ago.  It is not updated
> automatically, although I could set it up such that the beta gets
> repackaged on a daily basis.  At the moment, beta 1 lacks a number of
> important fixes.

I'd prefer that TAR files always remain static snapshots and not update
automatically.  When we talk about 4.7 beta 1, we know what state the code
is in.  If it's a moving target, it's much harder to tell if something is
a new problem or existed when the release was first created.

--
Tim Altman