[development] proposal for theming nodes

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Wed Dec 14 16:53:30 UTC 2005

> too bad I don't know PHP, as it would be nice for me to
> comprehend these
> theme changes you guys are discussing.  I think this is the
> disconnect
> we typically have between themers and developers.
>
> People will carry on a conversation about something and perhaps it'll
> seem like a good idea at the time, until someone finally
> codes it, and
> then we go... "huh"? heh
>
> I'm simply saying to keep us non-hackers in mind while having
> all these
> discussions.
>
> Thank you, drive through.
> Trae

Lots of modules stick their own bits of HTML into nodes. Theme designers
have little control over those bits, and where they get displayes. Ber
is proposing that we change the way modules append their data onto
nodes, to allow themers easier, cleaner control over them. That means
less esoteric PHP hacking by themers to get hooha.module to stop
slapping all its weird markup into their nodes.

--Jeff