[themes] Re: Please. Hold on for a second. (was Re: [development] proposal for theming nodes)

Robin Monks devlinks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:30:11 UTC 2005

It's a shame div's can't be controled using PHP arrays.  So each module
would be able to "tag" it's div's with aggreed upon array values, and ID
them to their linking.  Then a themer could do
$theme_divs['event']['title'], and have that set to the title of the event,
no matter what that div was ID'ed.
That would, of course, require CSS files to end in *.php (I know of no
browser that would mind that, given it's MIME'd correctly) so these
variables could be populated.

Just an idea I had bouncing around...don't laugh too hard.

Robin

On 12/15/05, Liza Sabater <blogdiva at culturekitchen.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I am not a developer, so I'd be the worst person to ask to start DIV
> TAGGING inside modules. Just to explain my previous comments, what I
> am suggesting is more than just themers asking for a favor from
> module developers. I believe there is a need for the development
> group to agree to a standard for 'div tagging' inside modules already
> in existence and then enforcing it.
>
> Again, not everybody is going to move to 4.7. The costs are going to
> be great to many groups, especially here in the US the political and
> culture activist groups that have embraced Drupal over Scoop.
>
> I guess, I'd have to ask, what does it take for something like this
> to be happen in Drupal?
>
> I am cross-posting to the themes list --we've been remiss in keeping
> this conversation on both lists.
>
> / liza
>

> On Dec 15 2005, at 01:31 PM, Chris Johnson wrote:
>
> > Liza Sabater wrote:
> >
> >> upgraded to 4.7? Is there a way to go back to what is ALREADY
> >> created  and ask module developers to clean what is there based on
> >> theme  parameters that y'all can agree on? Why can't we ask of
> >> developers to  do something as simple as going back to their
> >> modules and setting DIV  TAGS SPECIFIC TO THEIR MODULES?
> >
> > Why yes, you can ask module developers to enhance their previous
> > release (4.6, 4.5, etc.) modules.  And if you and some others do
> > the same, then it would be "we" and it might or might not happen,
> > depending on the time available to the developer and his or her
> > inclinations.
> >
> > So, by all means, ask!
> >
> > No promises, though.  :-)
> >
> > ..chrisxj