[development] Re: [infrastructure] CVS repositories on the move

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sat Dec 17 09:38:27 UTC 2005

On 16 Dec 2005, at 20:12, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> we're going to move the CVS repositories from the old server to our
> server at the OSL.  The OSL prepared the move, and we're ready to
> switch in 20 minutes.  The repositories might be unavailable for 20
> minutes as we copy the latest snapshot to the new server and as the
> DNS records propagate.  Except for the downtime, the changes should
> be transparant.

The move has been successful.  People have been happily committing
patches to the new server and the drupal-cvs mailing list works
again.  Special thanks to Michael Marineau (marineam) from the OSL
for doing all the hard work and preparation.

Except for http://drupaldocs.org/ everything is now running on the
OSL infrastructure.