[development] Drupal Main Theme page - A Suggestion forImprovements

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Tue Dec 20 22:12:14 UTC 2005

Relatednodes isn't really well suited for this task. It is pretty
bulletproof regarding various attacks -- it just figures out what nodes
share the most taxonomy terms with the currently displayed node. I based
it on AutoWitch's awTags related block, and obviously works best with
free tagging vocabularies.

That makes it great for bloggy and newsy sites that want to provide easy
listings of 'similar stories,' but it makes it relatively expensive and
cumbersome when trying to manually list static collections of 'related
information' on nodes that are visited frequently but changed
infrequently.

--Jeff