[development] the new standard RSS icon

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Dec 23 23:11:19 UTC 2005

Op vrijdag 23 december 2005 22:15, schreef Neil Drumm:
> On my personal sites I hide it entirely and rely on the browser picking
> it up (I figure this is fine since my audience is technical and many use
> Firefox or Safari, but I haven't checked the stats really).

Yup. Feeds trough 'icons' or buttons is just plain silly.  It is unfriendly,
It requires users to jump trough hoops (copy-pasting and the likes).

I know IE does not support it. I know IE is approx 100% of the market share.
But still, having it as metadata in drupals header is (imo) more then enough.

I vote for removing all ugly XML or RSS icons. Anywhere in Drupal (and leave
it to themes if they insist to add them).

Bèr

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net