[development] the new standard RSS icon

Theodore Serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Sat Dec 24 04:47:38 UTC 2005

The basic suggestion was this:

1. Autofeeds work great (I agree Ber) *but* there are tons of cases
when one needs an actual link to the feed so they can past it in other
feed aggregators, etc, so we *need* an icon or a link to this feed

2. The current XML icon is ok but as this article suggests, having
more of a standard icon benefits everyone

3. This was a *forward* looking approach, obviously people might not
understand what it means, but it's not like they understand the
current XML icon either. However, there is a push to more or less
standardize this icon and with MS committing to using this icon in IE7
(and FF already using it), obviously this will *soon* become well
known

However, based on these points, maybe Neil said it best, probably
should wait till the next release of Drupal to actually incorporate
this, although I see no reason at all to wait...

Food for thought, regardless.

ted