[development] Menu system question

Piotr Krukowiecki piotr at mallorn.ii.uj.edu.pl
Sat Dec 24 09:57:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

I wanted to have a 'log in' link that behaves like 'log out'. I.e. it is
visible by anonymous but not by logged in person. I'd use 'log in' and
'log out' in secondary links in header - I don't want to have this huge
login box in my sidebar...
After clicking the 'log in' link the user should be directed to normal
'user/login' page, with "register", "forgot password" tabs...

I think everything would work if I could combine MENU_DEFAULT_LOCAL_TASK
with MENU_SUGGESTED_ITEM. We could add this flag to user.menu's
user/login link. But now it does not work - produces "front page" link
(I think it has something to do with default local task being redirected
to it's parent).

Is there any other way to have such 'log in' link? If not, could we
change core somehow to make this possibile? Or is there any other way to
have such link?

--
Piotrek
irc: #debian.pl