[development] What should we do with checkboxes?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Dec 25 09:16:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

Op zondag 25 december 2005 05:12, schreef Karoly Negyesi:
> I feel like this is something for 4.8. For 4.7, I suggest a whole another
> approach: we take #default_value as a list of checked things (that's what
> we have now) and change it in form.inc to be a). If this feels hackish,
> there are 16 #type => checkboxes in core and if do either a) or b) then we
> need to check at least 16 screens but most of these are settings, so we
> need to check whether they take effect. For example, we need to check
> whether vocabulary settings result in the correct node form.

I seriously doubt anyone will object against this route. As yout also state,
the big change should be for 4.8. Module conversion is not giong all that
fast, as it is now (i suspect more people, like me, are waiting for the
moment when 'it has all now really stabilized') . We should now move forward
asap, imo. Even if that means having some 'hackish feelings'.

Bèr

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net