[development] Module that does a read receipt type thing

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at cortextcommunications.com
Tue Dec 27 15:44:35 UTC 2005

On 4 Dec 2005, at 15:49, Khalid B wrote:

> There used to a module called "legal". It forces users to acknowledge
> reading terms or service or disclaimer document before they can sign
> up.
>
> This happens at the time they register though, not for visitors.
> However,
> perhaps it can be adapted for anonymous users, for example using
> a session flag on whether they visited the specific document or not.
>
> On 12/4/05, Simon Lindsay <simon at dirtbike.ws> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone knows of/has made a module that would force a
>> user to view/read a node and/or attached pdf bulletins before letting
>> them continue.
>>
>> For legal reasons, a client has to do everything possible to get staff
>> to read these bulletins when they come in.
>>
>> Any ideas on a way to do it other than write a nodeapi module?

Legal module does most of what you want, it requires the user to tick a
check-box stating that they have read terms and conditions.

I have plans to introduce versioning - so that if a user has accepted
version 1 of the T&C but a new version is posted they must accept
version 2 before they can log in. The current version of the module has
all the database tables for this, and captures all the necessary data,
but I haven't had time to implement versioning features yet.

You're welcome to pick up where I left off on this.

Best regards,

Robert Castelo
Services Manager
Cortext Communications