[development] Path mapping system

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Wed Dec 28 16:10:12 UTC 2005

Ber, yes it does not scale.

Chx

But for most site (the very high traffic ones being the exception),
what I miss is renaming any path that Drupal generates,

I gave examples above (sitemenu => sitemap, feedback => contact, ....etc.)

Right now, I have some aliases that are not node or user, and if a
future version does drop this, there will be a lot of 404s even
internally.

A fall back to a string based aliasing mechanism (in other words the
present scheme) can be a good option.