[development] Counterintuitive but true: Caching makes a high-traffic site slower

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Fri Dec 30 21:55:52 UTC 2005

> Whether we can support InnoDB out of the box depends on its
> availability/adoption.  Do we have any references about that?  Any
> other systems that ship with InnoDB?

Perhaps Drupal can be engine-agnostic, i.e. ships with all  the CREATE
TABLE  statements *without* a "type=" part.

In most cases, this will default  to MyISAM.

But again, how  many need Inno anyway? They can do ALTER TABLE
or any of the  other methods if they so  wish. So, is it worth  the  trouble
doing all  this for 1% of the users?