[development] Counterintuitive but true: Caching makes a high-traffic site slower

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sat Dec 31 10:00:58 UTC 2005

On 31-Dec-05, at 12:15 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>>> That's somewhat harsh.  Isn't making Drupal scale developer-
>>> specific and suitable for development at drupal.org?
>>
>> Mailing lists suck when searching for solutions...hence the public
>> facing "Performance and Scalability" forum. We'll continue to have
>> requests for ever more micro "groups", for which forums are the
>> only bucket we have today.
>
> On http://drupal.org/forum, should that go under 'General',
> 'Support' or 'Development'?  Care to provide a one-line subscription?

Development (since generally high-traffic sites will have more
technically savvy maintainers)

I assume you meant description. How's this?

--
Performance and Scalability: A forum for high-traffic site
maintainers to discuss tips and techniques, as well as to discuss any

Aside: tools that work for a small site won't work for sites with
high numbers of users/content/etc. -- so likely this would be an
appropriate spot for related issues.

> I'm OK with making more forums but we should put some effort in the
> performance and scalability of the forum module (irony?), as well

I think we'll see some good work around subscription in the next
little while.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595