[drupal-devel] settings inconsistencies

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:13:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:58:51 +0100, Steven Wittens <steven at acko.net> wrote:

> A bit late, but here's the rationale. People didn't look for profiles
> under users -> configure as it was buried to deep. It is hard to notice
> that something has popped up that deep when you've just enabled the
> module. Making it a higher level item is handier to use.
> Also, IMO setting up profiles does not have a direct relation to the
> user objects. It's the filling in/editing of a single user's profile
> itself that I would classify under "users" rather than setting up the
> fields. I think many admins will think the same.

Yes, I agree -- profile configuration was much too deep. I actually
find myself doing way too much "URL hacking" rather than using the
admin menus to navigate. A big problem of this is depth, and why (for
the admin menu only perhaps) we need to consider some sort of drop
down/fold out menu. Actually, I'd love to split the "Admin" tree into
a block separate from the Navigation block.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com