[drupal-devel] a handbook page suggestion

Negyesi Karoly karoly at negyesi.net
Fri Feb 4 00:33:56 UTC 2005

Hi!

I'd suggest putting this into the Drupal.org handbook. While hacking a
Drupal module is fun, using command line cvs is definitely not. Here is
some help learned the hard way (thanks Killes!):

If you would like to add a file or a directory, it is the parent directory
you need. Once again: the parent directory, not the dir you want to add
something to but the parent of it. I can not find any logic in this, but
this is so.

First, issue a
export CVSROOT=:d:icvslogin:cvspasswd at cvs.drupal.org:/cvs/drupal-contrib

You would like to add a new file to a module?

cvs co contributions/modules/modulename
cd contributions/modules
copy file into modulename
cvs add modules/filename
cvs commit

Say you want to create a sandbox named ihatecvs. Then do a

cvs co contributions/sandbox/weblinks  (does not really matter which
directory, I like this one, 'cos it is small)
cd contributions
mkdir sandbox/ihatecvs
put some stuff into the directory sandbox/ihatecvs
cvs add sandbox/ihatecvs
cvs commit

Regards

Karoly Negyesi