[drupal-devel] Speed of Drupal, memory usage, and all that stuff

Matt Schwartz veridicus at msversus.org
Sun Feb 6 17:15:05 UTC 2005

Instead of having each module add a .functions file how about quickly
string parsing .module files for function names?  Upon encountering a
new .module drupal grabs all function names (not compiled by PHP but by
reading it in as a text file) and caches them in the database.  This way
drupal will have its list of module functions cached, no PHP compile is
necessary until functions are required, and module developers won't have
to change or add anything.