[drupal-devel] Speed of Drupal, memory usage, and all that stuff

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Feb 6 18:01:43 UTC 2005

> This is the alternative approach for which I already have a (somewhat
> dirty) parser. ;)
>
> The problem is that the most elegant way to write such a parser involves
> using php 4.3.x. If we only want the function names, a php 4.1 version
> could be developed, though.

Would that resolve things like?

/* this is defined in another file
function foobar_foo() {
}
*/

I doubt. Contrib modules might have such code though, especially modules
under development (head). Also I have authored patches before with code
like:

if (!function_exists('foobar_foo')) {
   function foobar_foo() {
   }
}

Which is even hard for the tokenizer to parse...

Goba