[drupal-devel] Working around node_access in node/add

Mark mark at nullcraft.org
Sat Feb 12 21:30:32 UTC 2005

Ok, so redirecting back to my original issue, I'm considering 2 solutions:

1. From my hook_menu(), iterate over all existing node/add/$type paths
and replace the access parameter with one of my module's choosing.  The
global $_menu variable doesn't appear to be populated yet at the time
hook_menu is called.  It sets its menu items after the
module_invoke_all('menu',TRUE) gets executed.  This, therefore, will not
work :(

2. Add another pass to the nodeapi hook for "access" that lets modules
restrict access to specific nodes on a situational basis.  This could be
called from node_access().  I think this would address my needs.

Thoughts on another nodeapi operation?

-Mark