[drupal-devel] Release schedule

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 03:59:49 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:04:50 +0000, Gabor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:
> >> Dries: you asked about the help texts on the drupal-docs list. For
> >> some of the people there (me included), even just installing a CVS
> >> build is a pain in the ass. If you really want this done, someone
> >> needs to post the help texts, and then the doc team (among others) can
> >> help update/rewrite.
> > wiki.module on drupal.org?

Book pages work -- just need to get the help texts *out* of code where
they are buried.

> An installer? ;P

Haha, very funny. It's the entire process -- downloading a build
(whether installer-enabled or not), a new DB, finding the help text,
making changes, rolling a patch. Pretty much all of that is too hard
to update some help texts.

If someone posts help text to either a handbook page directly or to
the drupal-docs list, members can help update, but it is likely we'll
still have to rely on the good graces of the devel community to roll
patches and get it back into CVS.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com