[drupal-devel] How are patches to branches handled?

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 04:09:08 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 05:01:33 +0100, Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:
> Op zondag 13 februari 2005 04:55, schreef K B:
> > What about modules, and fixes to branches?
> contribs do not use the last digit. I.e. a contrib like image module has
> nothing to do with the 4.5.1 branch, it will only have a 4.5 branch.

So what is the point of Scott and Goba (as examples, not to pick on
anyone), fixing something in 4.5?
Either:
a) the fixes gets into 4.5.0, which means we have the problem we describe,
or
b) it does not, which brings to question the value of why the fix is
done to the branch at all
or
c) I am missing something?