[drupal-devel] How are patches to branches handled?

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:05:24 UTC 2005

OK, so my fears were true then.

Is there any way to get over this problem? For example, using Goba's
suggestion to tag the date/time to the build?

Maybe a better solution is to keep the first two digits the same, then
increment for every build. For example, we start at 4.5.0 with
DRUPAL-4-5 as a tag, then have some fixes, then tag with DRUPAL-4-5-1
and make a build for 4.5.1 of that module/theme, then some more fixes,
then 4.5.2, ...etc.

This means applying the same standard for core Drupal to the contrib
modules and themes.

This way, when someone says he is using 4.5.0, then all other 4.5.0
would (hopefully) experience the same issue the first guy has.