[drupal-devel] How are patches to branches handled?

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:46:12 UTC 2005

My assumption was that compatibility would be preserved between major releases.

For example X.Y.something would be compatible with X.Y.somethingelse
as long as X and Y are the same.

So it is a 2 digit compatibility thing, not 3 digits.

Right now, any 4.5.0 module can be installed with Drupal 4.5.0, 4.5.1
or 4.5.2 without any problem. The database is still the same, with no
changes.

This would still be preserved under my proposal, so: module A 4.5.1,
module B 4.5.4 can also work with drupal 4.5.0.

If Y changes, then all bets are off, and compatibility may be broken
at the discretion of Drupal core developers and/or contrib developers.