[drupal-devel] contrib module release creation?

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Feb 13 20:22:00 UTC 2005

>>> I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.
>
>> It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that branch
>> will appear as the 4.4 release.
>
> I branched my code for 4.4 back on February 9.  The release has not
> appeared.
>
> The handbook only mentions this automatic behavior for 4.5.
>
> I branched the same code for 4.5 last night and the 4.5 release appeared
> as expected today.
>
> That is why I ask this question.

Well, you need to dig into the sourcode of the releases.inc (or
whathever it is called) file in project module, to find out how releases
are created. I expect that it should be created once you have a 4.4.
branch. If you had that before, but removed it, then you hit a bug in
project module, which noone fixed yet (releases are not recreated). Then
you need to contact Dries.

Goba