[drupal-devel] [bug] PHP session settings to relocate to support multiple sites

tangent drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Feb 14 07:51:46 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

As discussed in this issue [1], it would be desirable to move the
session settings into /sites/default/settings.php so that subsites can
have better control over them. One of the advantages of the site
specific settings.php file is that it will never get overwritten during
upgrades and having these settings here should prove to be more
friendly.
I have created a patch which moves most of the PHP session settings
from .htaccess to /sites/default/settings.php with the exception of
"session.auto_start" because it must not, as far as I know, be
modified.
I have also added 2 additional commented settings which I suspect are
often needed as they were in my case.
[1] http://drupal.org//node/2974

tangent

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/17303