[drupal-devel] Working around node_access in node/add

Mark mark at nullcraft.org
Mon Feb 14 16:11:16 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:

>Op maandag 14 februari 2005 07:58, schreef Gerhard Killesreiter:
>

>>node/add will be unavailable if you disable that menu entry.
>>

>Make sure you place it outside the if ($maycache) clause.
>
>Regards,
> Bèr

This successfully removes it from the menu and appears to deny access as
appropriate, but node_add doesn't seem to refer to menu settings when
displaying links to the various node/add/$type pages.  Therefore,
whatever settings I change in the menu have no bearing on what shows up
on the node/add page.  I end up with a bunch of links to "access denied"
pages.  Should node_add be checking the menu settings when displaying
its links?

Thanks,
-Mark