[drupal-devel] [feature] http proxy support patch

Anonymous drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Feb 14 19:36:01 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.4.2
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

Here's teh error I get when I try this "Patch -
drupal-cvs-20040802-proxy-v2.diff "
Aggregator: failed to parse RSS feed Microsoft Security Info:  invalid
schema .
any idea's?

Anonymous

Previous comments:

August 3, 2004 - 03:39 : liquidx

My drupal site is behind a firewall which doesn't allow outgoing port 80
connections except if they go through an http proxy. normally that
doesn't really harm anything, except when i start using XML-RPC or try
to get RSS/Atom feed from other blogs.
So I've written a quick patch to add http_proxy support in conf.php.
I'm not sure whether that is the best place to put it, but if you think
people might want a UI to change that, I could do that. But I suspect
that proxy settings don't change much (its not like you migrate a
drupal web site to different isps everyday :), so conf.php seems like a
good choice.
Cheers,
Alastair Tse

August 3, 2004 - 03:42 : liquidx

slight typo in the comment, i never get things right the first time
round :(

August 3, 2004 - 04:13 : Anonymous

HOW TO MAKE 1000'S FROM 6$! READ PLEASE!
How to afford anything you want, no joke! Read, it cant hurt!
READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! AND RICH!
I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. A little
while back, I was browsing through newsgroups and came across
an article similar to this that said you could make
thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of
$6.00! So I thought, "Yeah right, this must be a scam", but
like most of us, I was curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said
that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and addresses stated in the
article. You then place your name and address in the bottom of
the list at #6, and post the article in at least 200 newsgroups.
(There are thousands) No catch, that was it. So after thinking it
over, and talking to a few people first, I thought about trying it. I
figured: "what have I got to lose except 6 stamps and $6.00,
right?" Then I invested the measly $6.00. Well GUESS WHAT!!...
within 7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was shocked? I
figured it would end soon, but the money just kept coming in. In my
first week, I made about $25.00. By the end of the second week I had
made a total of over $1,000.00! In the third week I had over
$10,000.00 and it's still growing. This is now my fourth week and I
have made a total of just over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in
rapidly. It's certainly worth $6.00, and 6 stamps, I have spent more
than that on the lottery!! Let me tell you how this works and most
importantly, why it works... Also, make sure you print a copy of this
article NOW, so you can get the information off of it as you need it.
I promise you that if you follow the directions exactly, that you
will start making more money that you thought possible by doing
something so easy!
Suggestion: Read this entire message carefully! (print it out or
download it.) Follow the simple directions and watch the money
come in!
It's easy. It's legal. And, your investment is only $6.00 (plus
postage).
IMPORTANT: This is not a rip-off; it is not indecent; it is not
illegal; and it is virtually no risk - it really works!!!
IMPORTANT2: The $1.00 for each person on the list is for keeping you
up to date and for putting you in all our newsgroups. So you will
make just as much as we do!!!
If all of the following instructions are adhered to, you will receive
extraordinary dividends.
PLEASE NOTE:
Please follow these directions EXACTLY, and $50,000 or more can be
yours in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful because of
the honesty and integrity of the participants. Please continue its
success by carefully adhering to the instructions.
You will now become part of the Mail Order business. In this business
your product is not solid and tangible, it's a service. You are in
the business of developing Mailing Lists. Many large corporations are
happy to pay big bucks for quality lists. However, the money made
from the mailing lists is secondary to the income which is made from
people like you and me asking to be included in that list.
Here are the 4 easy steps to success:
STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on
each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now
get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of
paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope (to prevent
thievery). Next, place one paper in each of the 6 envelopes and seal
them. You should now have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of
paper stating the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00
bill. What you are doing is creating a service. This is absolutely
legal? You are requesting a legitimate service and you are paying for
it! Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried
about the legal aspects of it all. So I checked it out with the U.S.
Post Office (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed
legal! Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:
1.) GLEN RAY CAMPBELL Jr.
919 Virginia Ct.
Panama City,Fl 32404,usa
2.)Heather Angel
4244 46th St.
San Diego, Ca. 92115
3.) Alexander Dolstra
Frederik Hendrik straat 37
3143 LB Maassluis
the Netherlands
4.) J. Kirk
2360 Forbes Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
5.) N. Hernandez
PO Box 712
Crystal Beach, Fl. 34681, usa
6.)D.Herela
849 La Fayette apt.6-D
El Paso, TX. 79907, usa
STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move
the other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc. ...) and add YOUR
name as number 6 on the list.
STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as
close to the original as possible. Now, post your amended article to
at least 200 newsgroups. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups.)
All you need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more
money you make!
This is perfectly legal! If you have any doubts, refer to Title 18
Sec. 1302 & 1241 of the Postal lottery laws.
Keep a copy of these steps
for yourself and, whenever you need money, you can use it again, and
again.
PLEASE REMEMBER that this program remains successful because of
the honesty and integrity of the participants and by their
carefully adhering to the directions. Look at it this way, if
you are of integrity, the program will continue and the money
that so many others have received will come your way, too.
NOTE: You may want to retain every name and address sent to you,
either on a computer or hard copy and keep the notes people send
you. This VERIFIES that you are truly providing a service. (Also,
it might be a good idea to wrap the $1 bill in dark paper to reduce
the risk of mail theft.)
So, as each post is downloaded and the directions carefully followed,
six members will be reimbursed for their participation as a List
Developer with one dollar each. Your name will move up the list
geometrically so that when your name reached the #1 position you
will be receiving thousands of dollars in CASH!!! What an opportunity
for only $6.00 ($1.00 for each of the first six people listed above).
Send it now, add your own name to the list and you're in business!
---DIRECTIONS----FOR HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS------------------
STEP 1:
You do not need to re-type letter to your own posting. Simply
put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag your
cursor to the bottom of this document, and select 'copy' from
the edit menu. This will copy the entire letter into the
computer's memory.
STEP 2:
Open a blank 'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top of
the blank page. From the 'edit' menu select 'PASTE'. This will
paste a copy of the letter into notepad so that you can add your
name to the bottom of the list and to change the numbers of the
list.
STEP 3:
Save your new notepad file as a '.txt' file. If you want to do
your postings in different settings, you'll always have this
file to go back to.
STEP 4:
Use Netscape or Internet Explorer and try search for various
newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites,
discussions).
STEP 5:
Visit these message boards and post this article as a new message
by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting 'PASTE'
from the edit menu. Fill in the Subject, this will be the header
that everyone sees as they scroll through the list of postings
in a particular group, click the post message button. You're done
with your first one! Congratulations... That is it! All you
have to do is jump to different newsgroups and post away, after you
get the hang of it, it will take about 30 seconds for each
newsgroup! ** REMEMBER, THE MORE NEWSGROUPS YOU POST IN, THE MORE
MONEY YOU WILL MAKE!! BUT YOU HAVE TO POST A MINIMUM OF 200**
That is it! You will begin receiving money form
around the world within
days! You may eventually want to rent a P.O.
Box due to the large amount
of mail you will receive. If you wish to
stay anonymous, you can invent
a name to use, as long as the postman will deliver it.
**JUST MAKE SURE ALL THE ADDRESSES ARE CORRECT.**
Now the WHY part:
Out of 200 postings, say I receive only 5 replies (a very low
example). So then I made $5.00 with my name at #6 on the letter.
Now, each of the 5 persons who just sent me $1.00 make the MINIMUM 200
postings, each with my name at #5 and only 5 persons respond to
each of the original 5, this is an additional $25.00 for me.
Now those 25 each make 200 MININUM posts with my name at #4 and only 5
replies each. This brings in an additional $125.00. Now, those 125
persons turn around and post the MINIMUM 200 with my name at #3
and receive 5 replies each, I will make an additional $625.00.
Ok, now here is the fun part, each of those 625 people post a MINIMUM
200 letters with my name at #2 and they receive 5 replies each. That
just made me $3,125.00!!! Those 3,125 persons will all deliver this
message to 200 newsgroups with my name at #1 and if still 5 persons
per 200 react, I will receive an additional $15,625.00!! With an
investment of only $6.00! AMAZING! When your name is no longer
on the list, you just take the latest posting in the newsgroups,
and send out another $6.00 to names on the list, putting your name at
number 6 again. And start posting again. The thing to remeber
is: do you realize that thousands of people all over the world are
joining the internet and reading these articles everyday? JUST
LIKE YOU are now!! So, can you afford $6.00 and see if it really
works?? I
think so... People have said, "what if the plan is played out and no
one sends you the money? So what! What are the chances of that
Happening when there are tons of new honest users and new honest
people who are joining the internet and newsgroups everyday and
are willing to give it a try? Anyway, it is only $6.00 for a chance
at thousands. Estimates are at 20,000 to 50,000 new users, every
day, with thousands of those joining the actual internet.
Remember, play FAIRLY and HONESTLY and this will really work. You
wouldn't want someone to cheat you the same way you may be cheating!
HOW TO MAKE 1000'S FROM 6$! READ PLEASE!

August 4, 2004 - 08:54 : TDobes

This seems like a possibly useful patch for those stuck in an
environment where they must use a proxy. (intranets?) I have no proxy
set up at the moment with which to test, but +1 to the functionality.

December 3, 2004 - 11:47 : Steven

If we use HTTP/1.1 (using the Host header), I think we can send exactly
the same request to both a proxy and the real server. It might make the
code a bit cleaner.

January 26, 2005 - 04:01 : Steve Stock

That's correct, HTTP/1.1 explicitly requires servers to accept an
absolute URI in the request-line (which of course proxies already
require).  See
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec5.html#sec5.1.2 for
details.  Note: a host header is still required.
The drawback is all HTTP/1.1 applications must be able to accept the
chunked transfer coding, see
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.4 (third
paragraph above section 4.5).  I don't know if Drupal supports this
(doesn't look like it).
While not as nice, for now it appears simpler to implement a proxy
along the lines of this patch.  My only suggestion would be to add a
proxy section to the settings page instead of hardcoding the proxy
host/port.

February 4, 2005 - 04:23 : jhefmv24

+1 on having a facility to modify proxy settings...
here's a patch of /includes/common.inc for drupal-4.4.2 version

February 4, 2005 - 08:18 : Bèr Kessels

Hi,
you use variable_get('proxy_name', '') , but that is not defined
anywhere. I would plead against another config option, or conf.php
options.
I am no proxy guru, so the following suggestion might be impossible:
* add the proxy port to the $base_url and try to re-arrange your logic
in such a way ,that it will detect the port from the $base_url. If
found the variabale will be set, and userd.
* or use the default system, but add some logic to the fsockopen, that,
if it fails, it will try again, with proxy, if that was sucessfull, set
the variable.
Bèr

February 4, 2005 - 08:53 : jhefmv24

see this for complete patches: http://drupal.org/node/7881