[drupal-devel] New image module

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Wed Feb 16 01:16:41 UTC 2005

It's not really floating around, per se. I am finishing up some work on
a "works with HEAD" version - however, it is also a modified approach.

The big change is : using the files table to manage image "derivatives"
(i.e. generated sizes - including thumbnails, and alternate
resolutions). This allows me to generate admin-defined sizes a bit more
reliably and keep track of them more easily.

I am also, after discussing with several people, re-introducing some
elementary gallery functionality. I have mixed feelings about this -
but it seems to make more sense to have this included than not - and it
is not intended to conflict with some of the exciting alternate
initiatives (such as moshe's album.module).

The final piece (and one that I will solicit some testing help) is the
migration path from the old module to the new.

Anyway, the code is just about ready... and it will make much more
sense in the wild, than on my workstation.

Stay tuned :)

--
James Walker  ::  http://www.walkah.net/