[drupal-devel] Modules up for adoption

Mark mark at nullcraft.org
Fri Feb 18 15:05:06 UTC 2005

Greetings drupal-devel,

Sometime in the next month or 2, I'm going to be pulled into a
non-Drupal project for a few months. As I won't have much time to spend
on the modules that I've created thus far, I'm placing them up for
adoption. Anyone interested in taking over the maintenance of any of
these please let me know. I don't want to see them rot on the vine and
would rather somebody potentially take them in a different direction
then have them sit unused and neglected.

attached_node <http://drupal.org/node/11988>
Needs: Future maintenance and occasional bug fixes (currently a few to
look at)

editasnew <http://drupal.org/node/16806>
Needs: Future maintenance and occasional bug fixes

relativity <http://drupal.org/node/17004>
Needs: TLC, proper documentation/help, rethink the UI a bit (simplify it)

moblog
<http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/javanaut/moblog/>
Neglected for quite a while now.
Needs: Current and future maintenance. Needs to be made stable enough to
be part of a public project. This is not a simple project, so buyer beware.

mime_registry
<http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/javanaut/mime_registry/>
(image,filestore2,etc). Neglected for quite a while now.
Needs: An advocate to promote this to other module developers (so it's
hooks are supported). Currently, there are dependencies on specific
versions of other contrib modules. Also not a simple project.

I'll still be around for another month or two, so anyone taking over a
module won't be standing out in the cold wondering why the hell I wrote
something the way I did (though I might not always have an answer :P ).

This is from a forum post on drupal.org:
http://drupal.org/node/17482

Thanks,
Mark