[drupal-devel] [feature] Add subject to contact module

Morbus Iff drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Feb 18 15:42:11 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

+1 from me.

Morbus Iff

Previous comments:

February 1, 2005 - 21:26 : kbahey

I find it very undescriptive when I recieve a message from Drupal with
the subject "message from username".
This patch adds a "subject" field for the contact.module which the user
can fill, and would tell you what they want right away.
Oh, and it helps group the 'conversation' on Gmail into something
meaningful.
(Note, I have not tested this since I do not have a CVS installation at
the moment. Appreciate if someone can test it).

February 9, 2005 - 15:20 : kbahey

Did this patch make it? Any objections to it?

February 10, 2005 - 15:02 : Dries

I'll commit this patch when there is more demand for it.

February 10, 2005 - 15:12 : killes at www.drop.org

I'd like to see this applied. An email got to have a subject.

February 18, 2005 - 10:34 : kbahey

This is badly needed.
Just today I got a message from walkah and Gmail grouped it in a
previous conversation with someone else, just because the subject is
"message from kbahey".
We have to get this to CVS.

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/16590