[drupal-devel] Project management contribs: Bundles: grouped modules.

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Feb 18 17:14:12 UTC 2005

Op vrijdag 18 februari 2005 17:52, schreef Ross Kendall:
> Just for the non-official contrib modules, not for the high quality
> integrated modules.  You can't tell me that you do not use the ratings
> on sourceforge.net to help you find software.
Continuing on the rating discussion:

Yes I do use that rating. But SF lists thousands of projects. Drupal only less
than hundred. And we should better make less projects, that are of higher
projects, thaen to have hundred vapourwares.

Case: My client has a deadline, requires some "easy"mentod to add images to a
node, and hires me to do so. I have three options:
1) start yet another image-node project, commit the code after finsishing.
2) take one of the exsiting projects and modify it to my needs, and send diff
files to the maintainer.
3) contact the maintainer and work out an idea where we will both (and others
too) benefit from.

IMO, case 1 and 2 might be contributed, but *only in my sandbox*. Only case 3
should be contributed back.
Yes, I beleive SF needs rating because of the overall poor quality of the
projects in there. Its a common OSS problem, but we do not need to have that
on Drupal, since we are small and aimed at one niche. We can prove that even
OSS projets can work in a more efficient way, and that OSS can be organised
too. After all: anarchy is nice to start off with, but some structure is far
better for all parties, and has a much higher quality ratem, ass well as far
higher efficiency. (at least that is my opninion)

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]