[drupal-devel] Project management contribs: Bundles: grouped modules.

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sat Feb 19 09:09:42 UTC 2005

Firefox's extension site looks like a good example to me:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application=firefox

They can sort extensions (read: projects) by rating, popularity, date
and have an "Editor's pick".  In addition, they categorize all extensions.

Furthermore, they don't overwhelm the user with version information.  At
least not until they actually want to download/install the extension.
(First you find the module, then you worry about the details.)

Frankly, I think it is as simple as making (part of) the project module
behave more like Firefox's extension site.  Of course, that doens't
fully address the original issue -- improving CVS and project management
-- but it would help nonetheless.  The rating, popularity and editor's
pick, make the "fitest projects" bubble to the top.