[drupal-devel] Internationalization, Usability and changes in the coding conventions

Negyesi Karoly karoly at negyesi.net
Sat Feb 19 19:29:11 UTC 2005

Now we know what Carl suggests us and I think that worth some consideration:
the access denied text shall be changeable upon call time. Piece of cake:

function drupal_access_denied($message = NULL) {
  if (is_null($message)) {
    $message = t('You are not authorized to access this page.');
  }
  drupal_set_title($message);
}

This does not break the current translation mechanism and a call to
drupal_access_denied(t('You do not have access rights in this area please
check with the administrator')) is possible.

If this is considered a good idea and we can spot other candidates for a
similar change, then maybe that if(is_null( construct could be moved to
another function which might be drupal_message.

Regards

Karoly Negyesi