[drupal-devel] [Fwd: Feedback from two usability sessions on CivicSpace 0.8.0.3]

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sun Feb 20 17:12:36 UTC 2005

 % > Second Test:  Video capture installation of CivicSpace 0.8.0.3 and
 % > configuration of contacts, users, and an attempt to send an invitation
 % > email.
 % > Users were started at a firefox window with install.php screen in front
 % > of them.
 % > -Users found messages on first page overwhelmingly confusing.  They
 % > just clicked ok and moved to the next screen.
 % We should more often split content into *numbered* paragraphs. E.g. the=20
 % default Drupal welcome msg is too long. should be split and numbered.=20

 I wonder if it makes sense to have the numbered paragraphs like
 the purple number effort from purplewiki?

 http://purplewiki.blueoxen.net

 having linkable paragraphs as an automatic feature seems interesting
 to me. And if you are going to stylistically number them, then
 linking them makes sense.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively