[drupal-devel] New image.module

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at Frontaal-Online.com
Sun Feb 20 22:07:30 UTC 2005

James Walker schreef:

> As promised, I've just committed brand new versions of "my"
> image.module to my sandbox. A working version for CVS HEAD is at :
> contributions/sandbox/walkah/image (compatible with the new "image
> api"). There is also a 4.5 version available in the "45" subdirectory.

I know, and it rocks! But, after some serious testing I have only 3
little things which are missing:
- in image.inc you use ImageCreateTrueColor() which is only present in
GD 2.0.. If the function is not resent there is no error message; it
just breaks the it.. Please let it fall back the function
_ImageCopyResampled() which is somewhere in the Attc of Marco Molinari's
Sandbox
(http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/marco/fileapi/).
- There is a *.po missing for the image.module;
- How can we manipulate the way thumbnails and photo's are created? How
can i override the standard thumbnail/photo ideas? What if I want to
make transparent PNG's of my photographs which are randomly rotated?
(Like here: http://frontaal-online.com/fotoalbum/oude-doos)
  It would be a very nice feature to have!

And, that's all! You did a great job on this and I can't thank you
enough for this "gift from heaven"...
It works like a charm!

Yours sincerely,

Stefan.