[drupal-devel] [task] usability: Group user related menu items more logically +fix help text links

Steven drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Feb 21 04:45:18 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     tasks

-1 on moving roles. It is access control. I stick to my "users" =
"people" idea: the only role thing that I think should go in to "users"
is assigning users to rules. And that is already there due to editing
accounts.
Setting up roles is not setting up users.

Steven

Previous comments:

February 8, 2005 - 23:18 : andremolnar

As per the discussion at:
http://lists.drupal.org/archives/drupal-devel/2005-02/msg00302.html
(settings inconsistencies)
This patch implements the suggestions show in the screenshot (found in
the link above).
It also adjusts a few coding convention inconsistencies that I have
noticed (e.g. unnecissary passing of form [edit] data between
functions)
Though more code could be cleaned in user module this was just a start
to meet the primary goals of this patch.
Finally the help text found in hook_help are now linked properly with
their associated pages, and links within the text now take you to the
proper pages.
Dries: if you would like to test drive this on my demo site, contact me
and I can set you up with an admin account.
Other testers are welcome.
andre

February 8, 2005 - 23:26 : andremolnar

Almost forgot,
The creation of the user/users path was done to allow the creation of a
secondary local task for the user listing page.
admin/user
admin/user/users (default local task of admin/user - shows the list of
users)
admin/user/users/create (child of the default task allowing you to add
a user from the user listing page).
If the naming is troublesome, I'm open to suggestions to change it, but
the format listed is required to create the menu parent-child
relationships.
I also noticed that 'create' and 'add' are used in different modules
throughout Drupal (both meaning and doing the same sort of thing).
What is the standard?  'create' or 'add'?  Since this is about
consistancy, we might as well tackle this issue as well.
andre

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/17025