[drupal-devel] New image.module

Eric Scouten drupal.org at list.ericscouten.com
Mon Feb 21 14:06:26 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Op donderdag 17 februari 2005 20:33, schreef James Walker:
>
>>Moving forward - I'd really like to get this into modules/image as soon
>>as possible so that we (as a community) can use project.module for bug
>>& feature tracking (rather than random emails / IRC chats / etc).
>>Ideally, I'd like this to happen by the time contrib is branched for
>>DRUPAL-4-6 so for 4.6 there will be no confusion of which image.module
>>to use, etc. As there is a 4.5 version as well, I'm willing to move
>>that into the DRUPAL-4-5 branch, but I'd like to get some consensus on
>>that - as I worry it might 'cause more confusion than is really
>>necessary.
>

> Can the authors and maintainers of the old image.module comment on this
> please? Cna they tell us if they mind theyr baby to be killed and replaced by
> this image module?

I was a maintainer of image.module for a while last fall. James showed
me his version in October and I've been working with it since then.
James' version is much cleaner and simpler than the current one. A
strong +1 from me on replacing the existing image.module -- with the
caveat that I haven't looked at his most recent version (with the
adaptations for image.inc).

-Eric