[drupal-devel] node_access_where_sql()

Negyesi Karoly karoly at negyesi.net
Mon Feb 21 16:16:09 UTC 2005

> Actually this broke the node.module's hook_search as it calls
> _db_rewrite_sql() directly. I already patched this, but perhaps we
> should consider going back to the old behaviour.

Calling _db_rewrite_sql is a big no-no! I did it 'cos I was unable to do
solve node_search rewrite by the actual wrapper, but it is was a rare
exception. In the future, if anyone else does so, will see that after both
calls to this helper we have a check for empty($where) so he can act
accordingly.

So this shall not set move us back to the old behaviour.

Still my vote is on renaming to _node_access_*_sql.