[drupal-devel] [task] Postgres updates for 4.6

Dries drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Feb 23 06:05:24 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    postgresql database
 Category:     tasks

I committed this patch.  No marking this 'fixed' yet.

Dries

Previous comments:

February 22, 2005 - 17:12 : adrian

Here are the updates for updates.inc for the postgres port of drupal 4.6
I am still in the process of working through all the new functionality
and making sure it all works, and I also need to finish testing the new
installs (database schema) although I am 99% sure they are correct.
More patches will probably be forthcoming, but I need to run to catch
my plane to belgium. See you guys soon.

February 22, 2005 - 17:36 : Steven

By the way, here's a note to keep tabs on a search issue:
Search stores scores and totals for words. These are all integers.
But in the search results query, I use SUM(score/total) and it is
intended that the division is done without rounding, i.e. with floating
point numbers. MySQL automatically does this, but I believe PGSQL will
truncate the result back to an integer. This is bad as every value of
score/total is 0 < x < 1 and would thus be truncated to zero.
Of course we could change the column types to floats instead, but I'm
not sure this is a good idea.

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/17747