[drupal-devel] New module nameing.

Mark mark at nullcraft.org
Sat Feb 26 07:26:44 UTC 2005

Aran Clary Deltac wrote:

>How about dashes?  None of the codeing conventions call for dashes, so
>there would be no conflicts/confusions with function names.  It would be
>much more appealing to the eye to see xml-node-tree instead of xmlnodetree
>as a module name (for example).

There is a particular thing that drupal does for identifying multiple
nodes of a single module.  The convention there is to name the nodes
modulename-nodename, such as project-issue.  Thus, you might catch
problems using dashes, too.  I think the best thing is to mash it all
together.  I think "helpdb" works, but then again, I'm no good at naming
thing for the most part :)   It took me weeks to come up with
"relativity" and that's because of a concerted effort (it was
attached_node2 for all too long).

-Mark