[drupal-devel] [feature] Proposal for new hook: hook_settings()

nysus drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Feb 26 13:41:40 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node system
 Category:     feature requests

Attached node.patch to see how it might use hook_settings()

nysus

Previous comments:

February 26, 2005 - 08:20 : nysus

I was checking out the CVS version of Drupal and noticed that when
creating a poll, the first field on the form is labeled "Title".  If
our goal is to make Drupal usable, then clearly it should be labeled
"Question".  This problem occurs for other modules, like Flexinode.
The first field is always called "Title" which is rarely appropriate
for the Flexinode.
I think Drupal needs the flexibility to change this kind of thing.  So
I'm proposing a new hook called hook_settings().  I thought about
creating a new hook called hook_title_label() but figured a more
generic hook named "hook_settings()" would have others uses.  For
example, you could also use it to replace the hook_node_name().
Attached is patch for the poll module to give an example of this hook
in action.  I'll also upload a patched node.module that takes advantage
of this hook.

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/18003