[drupal-devel] [feature] Options: RSS max items + pubDate from modification/creation date

Bèr Kessels drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Feb 28 13:42:36 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.0
 Component:    node.module
 Category:     feature requests

-1 from me.
IMO the amount of feed-items should be the same as the amount of items
on the frontpage. So instead of hardcoded fifteen, we should use
variable_get('default_nodes_main', 10).
That way we do not need another setting, and we have consistancy.
Bèr

Bèr Kessels

Previous comments:

February 27, 2005 - 19:32 : elonen

Using modification date in pubDate is suboptimal if you just want to
promote new content, not updates. Also, 15 is too small maximum for RSS
item count in some cases. This patch against 4.5. adds an option for
changing these defaults.
(It would be even better if the admin/users could create custom feeds
but that'd be a much bigger change.)